“This role sits within our Financial & Risk (“F&R”) business. On October 1, 2018, Thomson Reuters sold a 55% majority stake in F&R and entered into a strategic partnership with private equity funds managed by Blackstone, retaining a 45% interest in the business. In India, the execution of this transaction has a delayed closing date as it is subject to a judicial process for closure and customary closing conditions. When the transaction closes in India, this role will be included in the new F&R entity.”
1. Provide monitoring, management, event correlation and administrative support for the Thomson Reuters Professional corporate Networks.
2. Act as a single point of contact for all requests related to shared network services within Thomson Reuters Professional.
3. Act as a first responder for all network events related to the Thomson Reuters Professional networks. Network Support Analysts are responsible for troubleshooting standard network issues, gathering diagnostic details, engaging external vendors, notifying the Thomson Reuters Incident Management processes and maintaining incident logs.
4. Ensure the proper resolution of all issues and requests received by the FLS-Networks.
5. Execute network changes as assigned LAN network teams. Other change duties include verification of change scripts, reviewing implemented changes and performing prescribed checkouts.
6. Maintain accurate and clear communications with a wide variety of customers including external Tele-Communications vendors, external hardware vendors TR Incident Management staff, TR management, TR engineering teams and external TR clients.
7. Utilize ticketing tools to provide accurate records and metrics for all Network related incidents and changes.
8. Utilize standard network performance monitoring tools to gather information related to network performance and capacity planning. Network Support Analysts also administer network devices using configuration management tools).
RESPONSIBILITY FOR WORK OF OTHERS
§ Ensure that shared documentation is accurate, comprehensive and up to date in conjunction with other network teams.
§ Ensure the accuracy of standard network changes scripted by peers.
§ Act as a “Second Set of Eyes” while network changes are being implemented to ensure the accuracy of imputed commands and procedures.
§ Complete shift turnover so that oncoming staff is fully briefed about ongoing issues and changes.
§ Education: any graduation.
§ CCNA certification is a Must.
Knowledge and Skills:
§ Ability to promote a cooperative work/team environment by presenting a professional and responsive attitude
§ Ability to multi-task in a high pressured, time critical environment.
§ Ability to communicate effectively with a wide audience
§ Strong organizational skill s
§ Demonstrated ability to follow standard procedures meticulously with attention to detail
§ Ability to learn new technologies quickly in a self study environment.
§ Experience with managing external customers’ expectations.
§ Knowledge of TCP/IP, the OSI model and standard network technologies.
§ Willing to work in a flexible schedule to meet24/7 business requirements.